Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Memories

Facebook can be annoying and frustrating at times.  Often there are more ads on there than news from Facebook friends.  One of my favourite things from this social media is to see happy news from family and friends.  I enjoy those first day of school pictures, the decorated houses for Christmas, and of course, most recent the great costumes from the little and not-so-little trick or treaters.

Another thing I enjoy from Facebook is when it pops up and says that “you have memories to look back on this date.”  I can fondly remember great vacations, good hikes and how cute and little our grandchildren were.  To set the record straight, they are still cute but not so little.

Today this picture popped up as a memory.  It was a picture that Tina had tagged me in.

It’s so sad to me that I won’t get any messages from Tina any more unless a miracle happens.  So, when Facebook shows me a memory that Tina is in, I will treasure that moment even more.

I know that the blog has been a little quiet these days but I don’t hear a lot of news or the news is much the same.  Tina continues to be looked after at the hospital.  Some of you have gone to visit or take Tina for a walk.  Some of you have sat with Tina and fed her and many of you have offered words of encouragement and told us that you are continuing to pray.  

We appreciate all of you….because of you we are STEELE Standing.


1 comment:

  1. The oldest and the youngest with lots of Steele in-between. Seeing pictures of my family makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Two Years

Two years ago we got the horrible news that Tina was diagnosed with ALS.  Two years ago our lives changed. Ron and I are getting very close ...